Friday, January 21, 2011

Bleccch

I've been fighting off a really nasty cold for the past week or so. It will not DIE. I'm really grateful that my schedule is the way that it is right now. Monday I was feeling bad, but went to teach anyway and ended up having a great class, but then came home and died. I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday in bed, venturing only outside once for more cold medicine. (Seriously, I think cold meds are much, MUCH stronger here than they are in the US.) My throat's been so sore that all I can eat is jello and soup, and I've drank so much hot gingery honey water that I slosh a bit when I move. I finally feel half-way human today but still get tired very easily. This morning as I was lecturing I kept thinking how comfortable that padded model stand looked...if only I could lay down on it...

The weather isn't helping much either, all grey and drizzly. Just want to sleep for a whole week. I haven't done anything productive outside of teaching all week and I feel like a lump. I wanted to do this past week's IF but it's already Friday. I'm definitely going to get a jump start on the next one. This week's theme is "dusty" and I think I have a great idea for it. We'll see if I can finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment