Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Obsession

New Year's was great. We went out to eat with a friend of ours and then went to an unexpected party at another professor's house, which was a nice surprise. This break has been pretty quiet, it's almost over and we haven't really done a whole lot. We had all these grandiose plans to travel to Portland or at least Seattle, but it didn't really happen, which I am okay with. We may go to the mountains one day this week, but if we don't make it, I won't be heartbroken. We are getting a lot of work done, which is definitely a good way to start off the new year.

I've got a new obsession. It started last night, when I got thoroughly sick of the miles of stockinette stitch on my Cloudy Sunday, which I am thinking about ripping out and starting over anyway, so I found some terribly knitted Noro scarves in the closet and rescued the yarn for a better purpose. I think I made them right after I started learning to knit, and so they really weren't done well and weren't worn very much at all. Noro is too damn expensive and gorgeous to have such a fate.

I was looking for ideas and found some examples of beautiful log cabin blankets, so I immediately cast on for a square. And I could not stop knitting it at ALL, not til many episodes of 30 Rock later. (This may not be great for my new-found productivity. Eh, who needs sleep?) It's so addictive. I have 5 skeins of Noro right now and I think I need about 12 more to complete it, but I'm going to buy them just a couple at a time until this is finished. It's going to be gorgeous and so very warm.

Hello, new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment